Live everyday like it’s Taco Tuesday with these Fresh Vegan Breakfast Tacos with Scrambled Tofu.
You know you’ll be starting your day off right with this tasty breakfast that’s not only delicious but full of protein, fibre, healthy fats and a couple of servings of veg. Plus they are easy and ready in 10 minutes… that’s a yes from me!
I like to start my morning with a splash of cold water and my skincare routine. I’m loving Tailors Awaken Eye Cream at the moment. It has a much needed dose of caffeine-extract to reduce morning puffiness so I feel ready take on the day.
Next in my morning routine is a nutritious breakfast and my favourite morning beverage. My go-to is a matcha latte (with almond milk, yum!) or an iced matcha on a hot summers day, along with my delicious Vegan Breakfast Tacos.
I like to take advantage of the beautiful produce in season at the moment with this fresh and vibrant breakfast that’s both balanced and packed with nutrients. There’s nothing quite like knowing you’ve got a couple servings of veg in before the day even begins.
This recipe uses a tofu scramble as your plant-based source of protein. It only takes a couple of minutes to cook but if eggs are more your thing, simply switch the tofu out for classic scrambled eggs.
Try this recipe for my Vegan Breakfast Tacos with Scrambled Tofu as a delicious and nutritious start to your day!
Recipe for Breakfast Tacos with Scrambled Tofu
Ready in: 10 mins
Dietary: VEG | VGN | DF | GF Adaptable
- ¾ cup tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ - ½ avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- ½ jalapeno, thinly sliced (or your favourite hot sauce)
- small handful of fresh herbs or microgreens (I like coriander or microgreens)
- wedges of lime
- 2-3 small taco tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 120g tofu, crumbled
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tbsp milk of your choice
- Once you have all of your ingredients prepared, start with the tofu scramble by heating the olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the crumbled tofu and cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Put the ground turmeric, garlic powder, nutritional yeast and milk in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Pour the mixture over the crumbled tofu and continue to cook while stirring for another minute before removing from the heat.
- To assemble the tacos, start by briefly warming the tortillas in a pan or the microwave. Place the warm tortillas on a serving plate and divide the black beans between the tacos. Follow with the scrambled tofu, cherry tomatoes, avocado and radish. Finish by garnishing with fresh herbs or microgreens and a couple of wedges of lime.
Notes: If you like eggs in the morning simply switch out the tofu scramble for scrambled eggs.